Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Phone Call That Changed My Life - Why I Tri

I was driving home from work when my phone rang. It was my Tio Andy. As I answered, I expected the normal phone call, but that's not exactly what I got. We started off normal, but then I began to tell him about one of my crazy friends who was doing a triathlon. He paused for a moment and then asked, "Why don't you do one?" I immediately answered, "Tio Andy, I know you believe in me and all, but I can't do a triathlon...I'm not that good!" Well needless to say, my Tio Andy believed in me and I told my Tio Andy that ONE day I would do one for him.

Well, not too long after, a very sad day struck. My Tio Andy had passed away. I promised him I'd do a triathlon and well, I made sure I did that for him. I actually ended up doing my first triathlon on his birthday, which was May 5th. Ever since then...I have been hooked. 

I started to "TRI" because someone believed in me and now I want to pass that on to you. So often we limit ourselves because we decide in your heads we can't do it. Well I am here to tell you that you can! I believe in you! I know you can do whatever you set your mind to! 

I started off just doing triathlons to finish, but right now, I am competing. I am competing against the girl I was yesterday. I am competing against those in my age group. I am competing and I can't believe it! Lol! My goal this year is to finish top 3 in my age group and I am giving it all I can to do just that. 

I hope my story can inspire you all. I have not always been fit and I have never been the best athlete, but I have always worked hard. Come race day, I want to show you all that hard work can beat talent. Hard work can get you more places than you can ever imagine. 

Below is a picture of a determined woman. A woman who knows that she CAN do ALL things through CHRIST. A woman who finds strength in God. Below is a picture of a woman who does not GIVE UP. Below is a picture of a woman who was created to ENCOURAGE and INSPIRE other men and women. 

You don't have to be the perfect athlete to be a triathlete. You don't have to be perfect to do anything you set your mind to. All you have to do is give it your all and God will do the rest. 

2015 Six Tunnels to Hoover Dam Half Marathon - 2:08:45

4 comments:

  1. Why oh WHY do you have to be soooooo FAR AWAY! :-(
    ♧Amy Lozano......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I wasn't! For now, I can inspire from afar! :)

      Delete
  2. You inspire me so much! I thank God for blessing me with a friend in you.

    ReplyDelete