Thursday, November 13, 2014

I AM A RUNNER AND I LOVE JESUS

I am a runner and I love Jesus.

A few months ago God told me to begin a blog, I ignored Him. I didn't know what to say and I didn't know if anyone would take the time to read my blog. I told myself that it was probably a misunderstanding. Needless to say, it wasn't a misunderstanding, here I am, writing my first blog post. Thank you in advance for stopping by!

So here it goes, I am a runner and I love Jesus. I wasn't always a runner and I haven't always loved Jesus (the way I do now). The  thought of running one mile scared me and the thought of reading one chapter in the bible bored me. BUT God!

One day in September 2009, after going to church off and on, the power of God touched me in a way it never had before and on that day I was saved. I was 20 years old. God saved me spiritually and physically.

I want to start off my blog by letting you all know, I did not grow up being a born-again Christian. I also did not come out of my mothers womb running. I made a choice to be a Christian, which changed my life drastically and because of that choice, God gave me the gift of running. My Christian walk is not perfect and neither is my running life. But through my ups and downs in my mini life (I call it mini because I know to some people 26 is the age of a child...lol) I hope to encourage you to keep fighting the good fight of faith. (1 Tim 6:12)

God told me that the goal of this blog is not to reach billions of people. He told me that if just one person is impacted, this blog will have been a success. I pray that you will be encouraged and motivated and feel a little closer to Jesus as you read my blog posts. I will be updating a least once a week!

"Fight the good fight of faith. Take hold of the eternal life which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses." - 1 Tim 6:12






4 comments:

  1. I love it! Thanks for sharing, I'm looking forward to next week's blog post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just posted this weeks blog! I hope you enjoy it! :) thank you for the support fallian! :)

      Delete